Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Weekly Gratification, I want THAT! : The Beatles

Anytime someone mentions The Beatles to me, my eyes light up and I give a sound of utter peace and contentment. I love The Beatles.
I am not a hippie or over the age of 50. I'm in the 20's but The Beatles hit me at such a time in my life that I will forever love them. While most people my age were hooked on Nirvana and the rest of the grunge movement, I was wearing flannel but channeling the 60's.
Anyone remember The Beatles Anthology? I sat and watched that special with both eyes open. I love history but this was music history! I'd grown up listening to oldies anywhere so these songs were familiar. My brother and I danced around to Yellow Submarine when we were little kids. This was not my parents music either. Sure they listened to oldies, but my parents were children of the 70's. The Beatles were not their rallying cry.
A couple weeks ago some friends bought The Beatles Rock Band and invited us over to play. It was pure heaven for me! I could not stop dancing while I attempted to play the guitar. A few years ago my husband took me to see LOVE in Vegas. If you ever get a chance, I highly recomend seeing this. I was in tears by the end of it. It was invigorating but it broke my heart at the same time. John Lennon is such a figure that I could not help but cry. George Harrison is the same way. My roomates in collect made fun of me when I put up a sign in my bedroom window that said "We will miss you George." What college student is broken hearted and mourning a musician that touched a totally different generation? That's me. I was not born in the right decade. Of course, my husband lives in this decade, so in the end I know why I am here at this time.
Along with Rockband, new remastered CD's have been released. This brings me to the subject of this blog post: I WANT THAT!!!

The entire catalogue, remastered with better sound quality. I am practically drooling over this!
It took us awhile to get to it, but I want that!

No comments: