Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sweet Salmon

I ended up creating a salmon recipe last night. Unintentionally, but there it is.

My cooking night started when earlier that day I decided to cook a salmon grilling recipe out of my Betty Crocker cook book. I love this cookbook. I enjoy the tips and use them most of all so I have been trying to find recipes that will work with my healthier life style plan. This salmon recipe was one of them. Of course later that night I ran across two problems.
1. I didn't buy all the ingredients needed.
2. The salmon has to marinate 48 hours!!!
Oops!
Not to worry. I grabbed my iPhone and used one of my apps called BigOven that has multiple recipes. Still I ran into the problems.
1. Missing ingredients.
2. Long marinating time.
What to do, what to do...
Create my own non-marinating recipe.
First I decided on my ingredients, then I decided how much of each one I was going to use, then I mixed it together and viola! It cooked well and tasted wonderful. So here is the recipe for what I have names Sweet Salmon.

2 pounds thawed salmon fillets, cut into 8 pieces.
1 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce (I used a low sodium soy sauce and think it tastes just as good as it would have with regular soy sauce.)
2 tablespoons honey

Lay salmon out on sheets of tinfoil. Mix all other ingredients together in small bowl. When mixed, spoon mixture over salmon fillets. Flip Salmon and apply to other side. Place another sheet of tinfoil over salmon.
Meanwhile, heat up your BBQ to 350-400 degrees. Place tinfoil packet of salmon on grill with cover on for 15 minutes. Remove from grill, salmon should be flaky when done.


I served the salmon with a regular salad with a nice Asian flavored dressing. Complemented things well.
I love creating food, this was a really fun little meal to make and I am glad/relieved it turned out well.
BTW, you can munch on the orange used for the orange zest while you mix everything up. Yummy, yummy!

1 comment:

Oregon Shepps said...

Nice job, Meg! I want to try this recipe! Yum!

Val